How to eliminate the constraints between driving and flying? A wheel which can be used on the street as well as in the air would be a quantum leap for future mobility.
The RES-Propeller Wheel relates to a vehicule with wheels and vice versa to an airplane with propellers. During drive the RES-Propeller Wheel provides a contact to the ground by a tire which during flight acts as an ring shaped airfoil and delivers thrust. The idea behind the invention is the fusion of a tire and a propeller to a new kind of wheeled propulsion.
- Drive and Fly with one propulsion element
- Thrust by an airfoil shaped tire
- Integration of an electric engine in the hub of the propeller wheel
- The RES-Propeller Wheel makes a conventional landing gear for airplanes superfluous
- The RES-Propeller Wheel allows vehicules to easily change into the fly mode