The amount of charge that temporarily can be captured between the electrodes of a lithium-ion battery is defined as the electrical capacity of the battery. How can this capacity dependant on the inner surface area of the battery be increased?
The RES-Tube Cell provides a micro structured inner surface between the electrodes and their electrical anoid and cathodic active layers in order to detain and vice versa release more lithium ions within one charge and discharge cycle. More electrical capacity goes along with increased thermal stress. Therefore the RES-Tube Battery provides an enlarged outer surface for the transmission of more heat on to a thermal fluid. In the case of a traction battery, the enlarged electrical capacity is directly related to the range of the electric vehicle. The idea behind the RES-Tube Cell is the fusion of a accumulating cell and a heat transfer element such as e.g. a heat pipe. With the RES-Tube Cell heat can be transfered onto the thermal fluid from the inside as well as from the outside of the cell. Improved thermal conditioning also leads to an increased electrical efficiency and prolongues the useful life span of the RES-Tube Cell.
- More electric energy can be stored in a battery cell
- Increasing the efficiency of a battery cell by at least 25%
- Fusion of a heat transfer device and a battery cell
- Optimal thermal conditioning of a battery cell
- Prolongued life cycle
- Electrical tools with extended runtime
- Traction battery for electric vehicles with extended range
- Improved heat transmission for laptops, notebooks...
- Improved battery cell for all kinds of electrical devices